Aug 23, 2012

A Short Update


Status of the Work-in-Progress:

Word Count: 42,373

Not as good as I'd predicted or hoped; as I mentioned last week I'd expected to hit 44,000 by this time, and I'd hoped to be closer to 50,000. Finding time to do any writing at all has been a challenge this last few days, and I'm hoping I can remedy that.

As for how the the story's coming along, there's been a major shake-up in Royal Family circles, with the repercussions making themselves felt across the City as the people are beginning to take sides. Tensions are beginning to rise. Meanwhile, we're not far from finding out the reason for an assassination order on an obscure scientist.

Status of Other Things:

Whatever's been wrong with my back for the last three weeks is annoyingly painful at times but, it turns out, not serious. I have to see about some physical therapy to see if that helps. I'm also going to see about buying a laptop bag that runs on rollers so that I don't have the thing hanging off my shoulder.

Status of Pavonis:

The bad news: it's still not showing up on Kobo or Sony, despite having been shipped to both some time ago, and it still hasn't shipped to Apple. Good news is that it's available for Kindle, and showing up on the US and UK Amazon sites. And it's had a couple of reviews - one on the Barnes & Noble site, and another on Amazon UK. Both are short, but good.

No time for more right now. A longer post next week, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment