Jan 3, 2012

The Christmas Round-up, and Back to Work

All in all a good christmas, despite an extremely tough pre-holiday week involving at least one twenty-hour day of cooking, decorating and present-wrapping. The big day itself was nice in general but marred by one self-centred individual. I tried to not let it spoil the day.

I deliberately left the tree and other decorations up for the following week, for atmosphere, the intention being to take them down on New Year's eve - that didn't happen but we got it all done yesterday.

On the gift front, I got Kate the camera she'd been ogling, and I got an electronic keyboard with two disks packed with piano/keyboard lessons. Anyone who tells you that learning to play is easy is lying. :)

Today, back to work after more than two weeks off - the longest break I can remember in a long time. That meant getting up at my regular time, getting stuck in diabolical traffic, then dealing with email (thankfully not too bad because of the holiday), fixing a bug and finally getting into the list of tasks to be done for the next version release. I've been here five and a half hours and it feels like fifteen; I'll be glad when I can pack it in and head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment